Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Grief Painting


Over the past year, I have been overcome by a very complicated grief.  Both of my parents died of aggressive cancer 2.5 months apart. It ripped my heart wide open. How does one express that??? I made an attempt...with paint...


Second layer in, and still with a monochrome palate: black, white, payne's grey...very fitting. I let my full expression take up all the space.


And, I feel like I am finished here on this 4th layer. At the very end, I added a splash of red...releasing any excess of pain I was feeling.  My plan is to have a ritual and bury this painting in the ground.  Tomorrow marks the one-year anniversary of my Mom's death and it would be a perfect day to perform this ritual in the back yard. I am ready to bury the most painful parts of my grief, and to carry on. There is much room for new growth...and I am looking forward to it.

Much LOVE,

Leah xo


Later... April 2nd ....

Rather than burying the painting, I decided to burn it instead. The deepest, most painful parts of my grief have been released!!



No comments:

Post a Comment